Thursday, September 1, 2011

What Else Would I Do?


Recently a spate of people I respect have congratulated me on being a great writer. Being acknowledged for one’s work is always nice, and it doesn’t happen in a lot of professions. But several folks have gushed on and on about what a talent I am, how my articles in the Pentecostal Evangel have been a blessing to them and the denomination.

On the one hand such compliments warm my heart. On the other, is God testing me to see how I react? Am I going to get a bigger head than I already have?

No doubt I believe God has gifted me in the field of journalism. It comes naturally. But I wonder, what else could I do? I don’t have any mechanical talent essential for many jobs. I don’t have great physical stamina required for others.

About all I can do is write. So, I’m hoping the floundering magazine business survives a bit longer. If all goes well I will have another dozen years or so until retirement. Thankfully writing is usually something one doesn’t get too old to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment